Skip to main content

48 hours in finland.|holidays





We are really in Finland. That you need to jump into the sauna and afterward you need to jump in the sea and these are going to be perfect for our very next stop. Good morning everybody. Welcome back to Helsinki here in Finland. This is pretty much mark's day, one of Jessica's epic European Christmas that she's dreamt about since she was a kid. I'm so excited right now but we have two days here in the city and the first place that I am taking Stephen to is, I found this cute little cafe right on the water and I've heard that they do some of the best hot chocolate best cinnamon buns in the city and it is located right on the water in a hundred-year-old, kind of like red traditional little hut Okay I've got the goods... Hot chocolate cinnamon bun and some sausages because we were about to cook them in that open fire, Soo, they have an outdoor fire pit in front of the little cafe and you can buy some sausages to go with your hot chocolate. So cool and you just kind of just cook up your lunch. We need to know really in Finland, We need to know how that chocolate tastes. Look at this cream Wow-wee that's Good. We're officially at Christmas time? So while the sausages are being cooked, I'm going to be a little bit cheeky and jump straight into dessert. I love cinnamon buns and I've always wanted to try one here in Finland.


 Is it good? She did heat it up. Is it still hot? Not too bad. Really good though.Something about cinnamon and Christmas. So this is a perfect start to our holiday. When you walk into the cafe, it smells like Christmas because she's baking cinnamon buns all day. Oh yeah. This looks cool by the fire. But I'm telling you inside is so cute cause it's just like four seats in there. It's so small. So we've heard when you come to Finland you cannot miss going to a Finnish sauna. So we found one of the most popular places to go and we've heard because this one is located right on the Baltic sea, that you need to jump in the sauna and afterward you need to jump in the sea. Now I'm pretty sure that it is almost freezing. So good luck Steve, I get out of this one. Alrighty. I've just gone inside the hot sauna now. This is the Finnish part of the sauna going into the icy cold water, not ideal conditions. Oh my gosh, it's so cold just out here. They say that you're fine when you're not really fine, you just can't get into it. [inaudible] [inaudible] That was such an incredible experience. Wow. I believe he did it twice. I was skeptical on how crazy this experience was, but I mean really the sauna-like heats you up, you almost have this heated blanket on you and then you jump in and yes, it is a shock, but then you go back into the sauna and it's like this numbing feeling. It's definitely about the sensation. That was quite good as well because there was this room with a fireplace, so I had as chilled in the fireplace room and to go in for two hours. It's only 19 euros, so it's not too bad for such a beautiful location. One thing I am so upset about is that the Christmas markets here in Helsinki are open in a few days. 


Sowe is just missing out, but we were just walking home back to our Airbnb and we noticed that there is this mini-market on like there'slike five stores and we're going to pretend Christmas market moment here in Finland. So we are going to go check it out. alright, your first try of a hot cup of Glögi Glug glug It's like a mulled wine. Oh my goodness. That is so nice! You can see the steam. Oh, it is so warm, There's like this little seating area. And then the markets are just out there. It's like a couple of degrees cold. This is so nice and toasty. When you have singles everywhere goes everywhere. Ready? Woah. Blow into an assortment of pre-dinner snacks? GingerbrGingerbread it's Gingerbread. Cain an interest you in a handful of Sultanas? I'm here for the free snacks. So you eat, your Glögi. Morning guys. It is we are the next day and we are actually having quite a chili one. We were hoping for like it' st I feel like it's just not there yet. But to warm up, market because out to a local food market because we've heard that when you come to Finland you need to try the Salmonsoup and supposedly the best on a soup here in Helsinki. Is it the food market pool and just come into the market Poland there are so many places to eat but were serving the busiest and they were serving a lot of types of soup and one is the salmon soup and look at this. Chunks of salmon and potato. let us know what it's like. Wow, that's warming, that will warm you up as well. It's kinda cool because were inside this like a massive shed. But then there's like individual almost huts. Do Ours have a roof? There's all different stuff. Wow. Also, there is unlimited bread. Yum! Oh my goodness. I am so full. That was a very good value. Like the bowl is massive.It is full of fish, full of potatoes and only 10 Euro for lunch. That was pretty good for Finland. But even though we are so full, we were walking out and we saw a little bakery and there was this one thing that caught our eye. We had never seen it before. What was it called? Tippaleipä. And it said that you could only get in Finland. And so I'm like, okay, okay, we'll get some. She put it in this bag and she told me I have to scrunch it all up and then we eat it, Which seemed like odd cause it looked like a piece of artwork. Like it looked like a bird's nest. I know I don't want to ruin it. Ready. All right. And now we some kind looks like a funnel cake. Ready? Crunchy from mm it's like a crunchy pastry with the icing sugar on it. Yum. Yeah, Definitely don't need it! So Full from the soup. So tonight, well it's not actually tonight. It's 4:00 PM we've come down to what they call Christmas street. It's Alexander street and they cover the street full of Christmas lights. And there are so many shops. So I think we're going to be doing a little bit about Christmas shopping tonight. So a lot of the storefronts actually have some Christmas displays on those. He walked in there. It's a bunch of different characters and you kind of just have a look around. It looks very Christmassy. Literally, he's just stiff into the streets. He like, yep, it's Christmas time. We have just come back from shopping and I think I've found the best purchase I've ever made in my life. Okay. You could not get these in Australia and these are going to be perfect for our very next stop. It is the best place to kick start Christmas because Santa lives here. I swear this is one of the most magical places in the world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make Money while travelling?

Hey you guys, there is one question I am asked the most and that is 'how the heck do you make money as a travel blogger?' It's a question people really want the answer to So today, I thought I'd answer it Here's everything I know on how travel bloggers make money how much we make and how you could make money as travel blogger too We make our money a few different ways So I'm gonna take you through all of them Basically, we're paid for our time, our skills, access to our audience as well as the content that we create So a brand may pay us to come and stay at their hotel and write a review They may pay us to go on a tour and review the tour company or just create some content around our experience We may also be paid to simply go somewhere, enjoy ourselves and create some video content photographic content or some written guides about the area Another way we make money is may be paid to make video content, photographic or written content and we sell it back